Sunday's come around again and if you're after the quickest/easiest bake to whip up before vegging in front of Netflix for the afternoon, then this is the recipe for you! It's one of Nigella's and you only need four ingredients, all of which you will more than likely already have in your kitchen cupboards.
Behold the Nutella Brownie!!
Super easy to make you only need:
I N G R E D I E N T S
4 large eggs
pinch fine sea salt
250ml (270g) Nutella
½ tsp icing sugar
1 x 20cm square cake tin
Yes there's no flour in these, so saves having puffy clouds to clear up in your kitchen...
M E T H O D
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line the base and sides of your cake tin with baking parchment.
2. Break the eggs into a mixing bowl, then add the salt and beat, using a freestanding mixer with the whisk attachment or electric handheld whisk, until they have more than doubled in size and are pale, aerated and mousse-like; this will take about 5 minutes.
3. Measure the Nutella into a microwave-safe jug, filling it up to the 250ml mark, and microwave for 1 minute at 750 watts. Or you can soften it in a heatproof bowl over (but not in) a saucepan of simmering water for 3 – 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warm and slightly runny.
4. Stir the heated Nutella, then pour it in a continuous thin stream on to the eggs, whisking as you go, until all the Nutella is combined. This will knock the volume out of the eggs quite a bit, but don't worry about it.
5. Pour this mixture into your prepared cake tin and bake for 17– to 20 minutes, by which time the top will be dry, and the middle tender but set in a slightly jellied fashion.
6. Leave to cool completely in the tin; the mixture will shrink away from the sides a little as it does. Once cool, cut it into 16 squares, arrange them on a plate and dust with a little icing sugar pressed through a fine tea strainer or sieve.
STORAGE: Store in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 5 days or in fridge for up to 1 week. In hot weather, store in fridge.
RECIPE EXTRACT: Simply Nigella, Nigella Lawson